Minutes of Field Township’s Regular Board Meeting and Board of Audit February 11, 2014
The February Field Township regular board meeting was called to order by Chairman Keith Aho at 7:02 p.m. on February 11, 2014 at the Field Townhall.
Present: Supervisors Aho, Chapman, Brunner, Treasurer Ellie Brunner, Hospital Representative Enzmann, Clerk Pat Chapman, one township resident.
The January 14, 2014 regular board minutes were read and Chairman Aho stated the minutes would stand as presented.
1. Data Quick Title
2. Office Depot
3. St. Louis County Auditor
4. Lake Country Power
5. St. Louis County Assessor
6. MN Power
8. St. Louis Assoc. of Townships
9. St. Louis County Environmental Services
10. MN Power
Treasurer’s report from Treasurer Ellie Brunner:
Beg. Bal: $ 34,899.36
Ending Balance $32,862.25
Outstanding Checks $514.11
Bank Balance $33,376.36
Motion made by Supervisor Chapman, seconded by Supervisor Brunner to approve the treasurer’s report, net pay distribution report and authorize payment of claims. Motion carried unanimously.
- Fire/Ambulance – Supervisor Chapman had no new report. However, the board discussed the low staff numbers the ambulance service is currently experiencing. It was the consensus of the board to continue the township policy of providing scholarships for training to First Responders and EMTS from Field Township.
- Minutes of Field Township’s Regular Board Meeting and Board of Audit February 11, 2014
- Roads and Bridges –Supervisor Brunner reported roads are snow covered and frozen.
- Hospital – Hospital Representative Enzmann reported the last three months were the worst ever financially for the hospital. The Wilderness Health Organization has been formed to band together independent and small hospitals. St. Luke’s is the largest member.
- Cemetery- No report.
- Joint Powers- No report.
- Planning and Zoning – No report.
Website -The board requested a presentation about the site at the annual meeting on March 11. The board will approve the site before it goes live.
Supervisor Brunner made a motion to adjourn the regular business meeting at 7:51 pm, seconded by Supervisor Chapman. Motion carried unanimously.
Chairman Aho convened the Board of Audit meeting. The 2013 statements of receipts, disbursements, balances and CTAS Schedule 1 was given by Treasurer Brunner. (See attached document.) A motion was made by Supervisor Chapman, seconded by Supervisor Brunner to accept the year end financial reports. Motion carried unanimously. A motion was made by Supervisor Brunner to accept the following transfers out of the General Fund:
- Road $2,000
- Fire $6000
- Cemetery $1000
- Hall $2500
- Ambulance $4000
- For a total of $15,500 out of the General Fund. Seconded by Supervisor Chapman. Motion carried unanimously.
Supervisor Brunner made a motion to recommend the following levy of $45,000 for 2014 payable in the year 2015 at the annual meeting:
- General $20,000
- Road $7,000
- Fire $7,000
- Ambulance $5,000
- Cemetery $3,000
- Hall $3,000
Seconded by Supervisor Chapman. Motion carried unanimously.
The clerk announced the next meeting will be the annual meeting after the election (polls close at 8 pm) on March 11, 2014. The re-organizational meeting will be March 18, 7 pm, at the townhall. In case of inclement weather the annual meeting will be March 18 and re-organizational meeting March 25.
Supervisor Brunner made a motion to adjourn at 8:13 p.m. Motion seconded by Supervisor Chapman.
Motion carried unanimously.