Field Township Cemetery & Regular Board Meeting May 14, 2019
The May Field Township cemetery and regular board meeting was called to order by Chairman Keith Aho at 6:00 pm on May 14, 2019 at the Field Township Cemetery. The Board of Supervisors and cemetery caretaker Joel Knutson inspected the cemetery, followed by the road inspection.
The reconvened cemetery and regular board meeting was called to order at the Field Town Hall by Chairman Aho at 7:20 pm.
Present: Supervisors Aho, Chapman, Fulcher, Treasurer Ellie Brunner, Clerk Pat Chapman, Hospital Representative Mike Enzmann.
The approved minutes from the May 8, 2018 cemetery meeting were reviewed.
The approved cemetery financial statement for the fiscal year ending 2018 as reported at the 2019 Board of Audit is as follows:
Beg. Bal.: ($2526.13)
Transfers In: $3000.00
At the 2019 Board of Audit $5000.00 was transferred into the Cemetery fund.
Supervisor Fulcher made a motion to accept AWAIR. Seconded by Supervisor Chapman. Motion carried unanimously.
The following report was given based on the cemetery inspection:
- Cemetery caretaker Joel Knutson will paint the flag pole and Chairman Aho has a new flag.
- The flooring in the church (24 x 40) needs refinished.
- The altar area could use indoor/outdoor carpet and the windows reworked.
- A motion made by Chairman Aho to put a $3000 limit on purchasing a 10 x 14 storage unit from Menards was seconded by Supervisor Chapman. Motion carried unanimously.The cemetery rules were read and a motion made by Chairman Aho to approve them, seconded by Supervisor Fulcher. Motion carried unanimously.
The following report was given based on the road review:
- South Ridell needs 6 loads of gravel and the Neva Road 4. Supervisor Fulcher will contact Jared Sandburg.
- There was a tree down on the Johnson Road extension but it was not on Field Township property. It will be up to Lake Country Power to remove it.
- Township Roads listed in maintenance agreement with St. Louis County:
- #7971 S. Ridell Rd. 1.75 miles
- #7972 A. Johnson Rd. 0.10 miles
- #7974 Tonheim Rd. 0.20 miles
- #7975 Drangle Rd. 0.10 miles Total 2.15 Miles
- The Neva Road is maintained on demand.
The April 9, 2019 regular board minutes were read and stand as presented.
1. Lake Country Power
3. St. Louis County Public Works
4. St. Louis County Fair Board
5. St. Louis County Assoc. of Townships
7. St. Louis County Planning and Dev.
8. Cook News Herald
9. Art Unlimited
Treasurer’s report from Treasurer Ellie Brunner:
Beg. Bal: $ 69,040.25
Ending Balance $64,153.81
Outstanding Checks $435.18
Bank Balance $64,588.99
Motion made by Supervisor Chapman, seconded by Supervisor Fulcher to approve the treasurer’s report, net pay distribution report and authorize payment of claims. Motion carried unanimously.
Ambulance – No report
Fire – Supervisor Chapman made a motion to sign off on the joint powers fire contract, seconded by Supervisor Fulcher. Motion carried unanimously. There was discussion about being charged per value of structure not per capita. Are we paying our fair share? Are other townships?
Hospital – Hospital Representative Mike Enzmann reported a baby was born at the Cook Hospital for the first time in seven years. The 2018 audit was good. A new pharmacist was hired who is doing a good job and is explaining medications to the patients. April was a bad month for people quitting. The Lions, Heim Foundation and Hospital Auxiliary have donated $150,000 for new equipment.
Joint Powers – Chairman Aho reported Viita Excavating is working on mulch for the trail.
Planning and Zoning – No report
Hall– Possible improvements were discussed – insulation blown in and checking underneath the hall. A kitchen stove is still needed. LP gas usage was discussed – the last two years bills will be compared.
– Supervisor Fulcher reported on the St. Louis County Assoc. of Townships meeting he attended. Township issues on the federal level were discussed and also more information for funding new town halls.
The clerk announced the next regular board meeting will be June 11, 2019, 7 p.m., at the Field Town Hall.
Supervisor Chapman made a motion to adjourn at 8:31 p.m. Motion seconded by Supervisor Fulcher. Motion carried unanimously.
Chairman Keith Aho
Clerk Pat Chapman