The May Field Township cemetery and regular board meeting was called to order by Chairman Keith Aho at 6:00 pm on May 8, 2018 at the Field Township Cemetery.
The Board of Supervisors inspected the cemetery, followed by the road inspection. The reconvened cemetery and regular board meeting was called to order at the Field Town Hall by Chairman Aho at 7:10 pm.
Present: Supervisors Aho, Chapman, Fulcher, Treasurer Ellie Brunner, Clerk Pat Chapman, Hospital Representative Mike Enzmann.
The approved minutes from the May 9, 2017 cemetery meeting were reviewed.
The approved cemetery financial statement for the fiscal year ending 2017 as reported at the 2018 Board of Audit is as follows:
Beg. Bal.: $616.48
Transfers In: $0
At the 2018 Board of Audit $3000.00 was transferred into the Cemetery fund.
Supervisor Fulcher made a motion to accept AWAIR. Seconded by Supervisor Chapman. Motion carried unanimously.
The following report was given based on the cemetery inspection:
- The flag pole needs scraped and painted. The north end of the cemetery needs fill (50 – 100 loads) and flattened.
- The exterior windows need scraped and painted and caulking on both sides of the building. Possibly Joel Knutson could do this along with staining the front steps? Supervisor Chapman made a motion to allot $125 for Joel Knutson to purchase a utility cart to pull behind the mower and a 5 gallon gas can. Seconded by Supervisor Fulcher. Motion carried unanimously.
- The interior of the building is good with the exception of the floors which need sanded and sealed and the windows need decals. Jay Brunner checked the church building and the hall and is getting quotes from local hardware stores. He will relay the information to the board.
The cemetery rules were read and approval was withheld until the price for opening and closing a grave is determined. $400 was discussed for opening and closing a grave with $75 for an urn. Koskovich has been providing grave digging services. Chairman Aho will ask Warren Mlaker about using vaults.
A motion to use the current town hall rental agreement for the church also was made by Supervisor Fulcher, seconded by Supervisor Chapman. Motion carried unanimously.
The following report was given based on the road review:
- The roads are in good shape. No gravel is needed. The Neva Road will need some spot filling and grading. Supervisor Fulcher will contact Jared Sandburg about this. There was discussion if the county would grade the Tonheim Road.
- Township Roads listed in maintenance agreement with St. Louis County:
- #7971 S. Ridell Rd. — 1.75 miles
- #7972 A. Johnson Rd. — 0.10 miles
- #7974 Tonheim Rd. — 0.20 miles
- #7975 Drangle Rd. — 0.10 miles
- Total 2.15 Miles
The April 10, 2018 regular board minutes were read. Supervisor Fulcher made a motion to accept the minutes, seconded by Supervisor Chapman. Motion carried unanimously.
1. City of Cook
3. St. Louis County Auditor
4. Cook Public Library
5. St. Louis County Fair Board
6. St. Louis County Assoc. of Townships
8. St. Louis County Planning and Dev.
9. Couri & Ruppe
10. Cook News Herald
11. Art Unlimited
12. St. Louis County Public Works
Treasurer’s report from Treasurer Ellie Brunner:
Beg. Bal: $ 83,554.50
Ending Balance $60,506.61
Outstanding Checks $1,028.59
Bank Balance $61,535.20
Motion made by Supervisor Chapman, seconded by Supervisor Fulcher to approve the treasurer’s report, net pay distribution report and authorize payment of claims. Motion carried unanimously.
Ambulance /Fire – Supervisor Chapman showed a video he had filmed of the recent mock disaster at the Northwoods School. Fire and ambulance depts. were there from Cook, Orr, Virginia and Hibbing
Hospital – Hospital Representative Mike Enzmann reported Dr. Lopez is moving to Texas. New Horizons Food Management will be managing the hospital food service. A contract with Big Woods Transit has been signed to provide transportation for the Care Center and Adult Day Care. A new full time physical therapist has been hired.
Joint Powers – Chairman Aho reported grants and funding still in process. A bogwalk will potentially be developed.
Planning and Zoning – St. Louis County will have meetings in July concerning their land use policy.
Hall– Supervisor Fulcher will research prices for new appliances for the town hall kitchen.
The clerk announced the next regular board meeting will be June 12, 2018, 7 p.m., at the Field Town Hall.
The short course at the DECC is June 26.
Supervisor Chapman made a motion to adjourn at 8:15 p.m. Motion seconded by Supervisor Fulcher. Motion carried unanimously.
Chairman Keith Aho
Clerk Pat Chapman