The February 19, 2019 Field Township regular board meeting and Board of Audit was called to order by Chairman Keith Aho at 7:05 pm on February 19, 2019 at the clerk’s residence.
Present: Supervisors Aho, Chapman, Fulcher, Treasurer Ellie Brunner, Hospital Representative Mike Enzmann, Clerk Pat Chapman and one township resident.
The January 15, 2019 regular board minutes were read and stand as presented.
2. St. Louis County Assoc. of Townships
3. St. Louis County Assessor
4. Lake Country Power
7. City of Cook
8. Land Stewardship Project
9. St. Louis County Lands and Minerals
10. St. Louis County Planning and Dev.
11. St. Louis County Auditor
12. Ferrell Gas
13. Art Unlimited
Treasurer’s report from Treasurer Ellie Brunner:
Beg. Bal: $ 80,126.18
Ending Balance: $75,582.55
Outstanding Checks: $647.50
Bank Balance $76,230.05
Motion made by Supervisor Fulcher, seconded by Supervisor Chapman to approve the treasurer’s
report, net pay distribution report and authorize payment of claims. Motion carried unanimously.
The 2018 statements of receipts, disbursements, balances and CTAS Schedule 1 were given by Treasurer Brunner. A motion was made by Supervisor Chapman, seconded by Supervisor Fulcher to
accept the year end financial reports. Motion carried unanimously. A motion was made by Supervisor Chapman to accept the following transfers out of the General Fund:
- Road $1,000
- Fire $6,000
- Cemetery $ 5,000
- Hall $6,000
- Ambulance $5,000
For a total of $23,000. Seconded by Supervisor Fulcher. Motion carried unanimously.
Chairman Aho made a motion to recommend the following levy of $59,000 for 2019 payable in the year 2020 at the annual meeting:
- General $12,000
- Road $8,000
- Fire $7,000
- Ambulance $6,000
- Cemetery $6,000
- Hall $20,000
Seconded by Supervisor Fulcher. Motion carried unanimously.
Ambulance – Annual meeting March 4 in Cook.
Fire – Annual meeting March 4 in Cook. Questions about vol. relief assoc.?
Roads and Bridges – Supervisor Fulcher reported the roads were plowed..
Hospital– Hospital Representative Mike Enzmann reported child care facility is in progress. Five properties have been examined. Lori Potter is chairman of the committee. Nancy Reing would run the operation. Hospital personnel have requested 2 shift security workers due to work place violence. This is under consideration. It is under consideration to purchase a single person wheel chair capable van which could be driven by any of the staff to take nursing home residents to appointments. Financially there is increased bad debt due to high deductibles.
Cemetery – No report.
Joint Powers Board – Chairman Aho reported a meeting is upcoming.
Planning and Zoning –An email was received from St. Louis County to inform that the St. Louis County Board approved the Comprehensive Land Use Plan effective as of February 1, 2019.
The 2019 Annual Meeting Agenda was discussed.
- Supervisor Fulcher reported on the St. Louis County Assoc. of Township meeting he attended. The biggest need presently in the county is for foster care for children.
- The Field Township website posted a news release stating St. Louis County is updating its Multi-Hazard Mitigation Plan.
- Chairman Aho will further investigate the classification of State tax forfeited properties to non-conservation by the St. Louis County Land and Minerals Dept.
- The clerk reported the Annual Meeting is March 12, 2019 with voting from 5-8 pm and meeting to follow at the town hall. The re-organizational meeting will be March 19, 2019 7 pm at the town hall. The Board of Appeal will be held at the town hall April 30, 2019 11-12
- Supervisors Aho, Chapman and Fulcher each received their certificate upon completion of the Board of Appeal and Equalization Training.
Supervisor Chapman made a motion to adjourn at 8:25 pm, seconded by Supervisor Fulcher. Motion carried unanimously.
Chairman Keith Aho
Clerk Pat Chapman