The meeting was called to order by Chairman Keith Aho at 7:01 pm, March 17, 2020 at the Field Town Hall.
Present: Supervisors Keith Aho, Tom Chapman, Keith Fulcher, Treasurer Ellie Brunner, Clerk Pat Chapman., Absent: Hospital Representative Mike Enzmann.
The minutes of Field Township’s regular board meeting (which included the board of audit) held February 18, 2020 were read and a motion was made by Supervisor Fulcher for approval, seconded by Supervisor Chapman, motion carried unanimously. The minutes of the 2020 annual meeting were read and stand as noted. Minutes will be approved at the 2021 annual meeting.
1. St. Louis County Auditor
2. City of Cook
3. Mn. Assoc. of Townships
4. Office Depot
5. Art Unlimited
6. MN LTAP
7. Lake Country Power
8. Cook News Herald
Treasurer’s report from Treasurer Ellie Brunner:
Beg. Balance: $ 88,254.03 • Ending Balance: $83,777.09
Receipts: $36,325.13 • Plus Outstanding Checks: $14,227.34
Disbursements: $40,802.07 • Total Per Bank Statement: $98,004.43
Motion made by Supervisor Chapman, seconded by Supervisor Fulcher to approve the treasurer’s report, claims and net pay distribution report. Motion carried unanimously.
Fire – Report given at Annual Meeting.
Ambulance – Report given at Annual Meeting
Road and Bridges – There will be a road review in May.
Hospital – Hospital Rep. Mike Enzmann emailed his report in his absence. Almost all of the hospital information being received pertains to the declared National Health Emergency. The Care Center is in lockdown. A recruiter is helping find a Care Center Director of Nursing. The Heiam Foundation event is August 15, 2020. Financially, February was one of the worst months in recent years.
Cemetery – No report..
Joint Powers Board – No report.
Planning and Zoning – No report.
Hall – No report.
–Chairman Aho gave the oath of office to re-elected Clerk Pat Chapman and Supervisor Keith Fulcher.
–Supervisor Chapman made a motion to donate $600 to the St. Louis County Fair Association Seconded by Supervisor Fulcher. Motion carried unanimously.
–Supervisor Chapman made a motion to donate $750 to the Cook Public Library. Seconded by Supervisor Fulcher. Motion carried unanimously.
Field Township Officers Listed As Follows:
- CHAIRMAN – KEITH AHO
- AMBULANCE REPRESENTATIVE – TOM CHAPMAN
- HOSPITAL REPRESENTATIVE – MICHAEL ENZMANN
- FIRE REPRESENTATIVE – TOM CHAPMAN
- HEALTH AND SAFETY OFFICER – KEITH FULCHER
- ROAD AND BRIDGE LIAISON – KEITH FULCHER
- NOXIOUS WEED INSPECTOR – KEITH FULCHER
- ASSESSOR – ST. LOUIS COUNTY
- SEXTON – KEITH AHO
- CARETAKER – JOEL KNUTSON
- TREASURER – ELLIE BRUNNER
- CLERK – PAT CHAPMAN
- PUBLIC SAFETY DIRECTOR – PAT CHAPMAN (AWAIR)
- DEPUTY CLERK – OPEN
- The designated depositories are: First National Bank of Cook and Cook Area Credit Union.
- The official publications are the Cook News Herald and the Timberjay.
- Daily rental for residents of the township for the Field Town Hall will be $20.00. per day with a $20.00 refundable damage deposit. A $20.00 utility rate will be charged October 1 – May 1. No charge if the group is a local community oriented organization. Board approval will be required for additional uses. The clerk or supervisor will give hall user instructions, checking the hall before and after.
- The “Little Fork Church” cemetery building is also available for rental during summer months for $20 per day plus $20 refundable deposit.
A motion was made by Supervisor Chapman to accept the language. Seconded by Supervisor Fulcher.
Motion carried unanimously.
Supervisor Fulcher made a motion to donate $5 per capita to help pay for operating and maintaining the Cook Community Center. $5 per 391 residents = $1955. Seconded by Supervisor Chapman. Motion carried unanimously.
Supervisor Fulcher attended the St. Louis Assoc. of Townships meeting. Information was shared about online shopping versus buying from local retailers. The local retailers pay needed local tax and should be utilized.
The MAT Short Courses have been cancelled because of the COVID-19 Federal social distancing orders. The next regular board meeting will be April 14, 2020, 7 pm at the Field Town Hall.
The Board of Appeal will be at the town hall April 28 from 11 am – 12 noon.
Motion to adjourn made by Supervisor Chapman, seconded by Supervisor Fulcher. Motion carried unanimously. Adjournment time 7.33 pm
Chairman Keith Aho
Clerk Pat Chapman